Great news for all the HTC 4G users who aren’t trying out CyanogenMod due to 4G incompatibility. A complete new ROM build of CyanogenMod with Wimax for HTC EVO 4G is now available. Note that the ROM is an alpha build and hence has lot of bugs. However, 4G Wimax capability is working without flaws.
This is a complete ROM build and not to be mistaken as a addon. You will be flashing a new ROM during the process. Hence proceed at your own risk.
How To Install CyanogenMod With Wimax On HTC EVO 4G
2. Flash the downloaded custom ROM. You need to have rooted Evo 4G to do this. Head to our step-by-step tutorial on how to root HTC Evo 4G and flash a custom ROM.
4. Flash the downloaded Kernel.
5. After finishing installation, reboot your Evo 4G.
6. Go to WimaxSettings and enable Wimax. (You can get it by pulling the app drawer.)
7. Let it scan for Wimax. Then device will ask you to turn your screen OFF and ON. Then unlock. This is a way of getting connected to Wimax.
Your HTC Evo 4G should now be connected to 4G Wimax network. Enjoy blazing 4G network speeds!
After enabling Wimax, if you have any network issues, just disable and enable the wireless data. Your EVO 4G should go back to 3G mode.
Head to developer’s thread to join discussion.