For all those proud owners of dazzling Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P 7500 have a reason to smile, we bring to you a tutorial that will reveal how you can update your Samsung device to the latest Honeycomb 3.1 version.
Pre Root Instructions:
- Warranty will cease once you root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, though warranty can be claimed back upon un-rooting your device.
- Create a backup of your important files, pictures, music, videos and other data, in case you lose data while rooting your device
- Ensure that you have the installed the latest framework in your computer and latest version of KIES (KIES 2) so that all the required drivers are installed successfully. Also, ensure you have the latest version of Windows operating system – Windows 7 installed. All latest drivers of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are required before proceeding to root.
- Maintain a minimum battery power of 50% to facilitate uninterrupted rooting process.
- During the rooting process the APN settings used to access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so note don the required settings to configure them back once the rooting process is complete. Also, ensure you have secured MMS and 3G Settings.
Step 1: Install the drivers of Samsung Galaxy Tab on your device and reboot it.
Step 2: Now plug the USB cable to connect the Galaxy Tab with the computer loaded with the required drivers and Windows7.
Step 3: Now, download the Root Exploit Zip File application on your computer, transfer the same to your Galaxy Tab. Ensure that zip file is not saved in any of the sub folders or renamed else the file not be detected and eventually the tablet will not be rooted.
Step 4: Open “Command Prompt” on your computer> Type the command
adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
adb reboot recovery
Step 5: Now, the phone enters Recovery mode. Select the zip file on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, this will initiate the rooting process, and within a span of 5-10 minutes, the device will be rooted.
Bingo! Your phone is rooted!